A Livable Street is designed with considerations for safe access and movement along and across the street, accommodating citizens of all ages and abilities, including motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and transit riders. An effective multimodal transportation network provides multiple benefits to the community, including:
- Improved safety and comfort;
- Increased equity;
- Increased access and connectivity;
- Convenience of use;
- Economic benefit; and
- Enhanced mobility for all ages and abilities.
Our transportation system of the future will increase consistency in travel times and improve the experience of traveling within Lee’s Summit, regardless of the mode of transportation. By providing a safer, more connected, and convenient multimodal transportation system, we can ensure that Lee’s Summit is better prepared for the future of transportation.
Through our Ignite Comprehensive Planning Efforts, we will explore how to:
- Build upon previous local and regional planning efforts to create a broader, unified vision for multimodal transportation
- Plan and implement the City’s Livable Streets policy
- Ensure City services support multimodal transportation
The Ignite Foresight Hub will provide important information and potential strategies to help the community answer these questions.