A community’s quality of life represents the standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by the people who live, work, and play here. Lee’s Summit provides a high quality of life to its residents, not only by providing quality jobs and homes, but also through community amenities such as parks, trails, cultural facilities, and great schools. Parks, recreation, and cultural resources are critical to achieving a high quality of life and a safe, fun, and healthy environment.
To maintain a high quality of life for our residents, we must continue to invest in progressive services and amenities to ensure the finest quality of life for all generations.
Through our Ignite Comprehensive Planning Efforts, we will explore how to:
- Expand cultural and recreation events
- Identify funding opportunities to support amenities and implement current plans
- Prioritize cultural and recreational space needs
- Support mental health well-being
- Expand community fitness opportunities
- Foster Lee’s Summit’s unique spirit of community and culture of caring
The Ignite Foresight Hub will provide important information and potential strategies to help the community answer these questions.